Projects successfully conducted in more than 10 countries.
Our portfolio spans assignments on diagnostics, project design, implementation support, monitoring and evaluation, as well as knowledge sharing and capacity building.
Development of Toolkits on Employment Promotion
Lead-authored toolkits on employment promotion to serve as guidance for European Commission staff.
- Volume 1 on concepts and foundations of employment promotion
- Volume 2 with practical guidance notes on key topics (e.g. employment diagnostics, ALMPs, youth employment, etc.)
Analysis of Livelihood Center Services for Refugees and Host Communities
Supported the International Rescue Committee in measuring the performance of existing interventions and identifying opportunities to improve programming.
- Benchmarking of Livehood Center serices (e.g. training, microenterprise support, cash-for-work, etc.) against international evidence
- Support in developing a theory of change for key programs
- Design of data collection instruments (e.g. short- and long-term follow-up surveys)
- Analysis of monitoring and evaluation data
Analysis of Active Labor Market Policies in Egypt
Provided technical guidance and backstopping for review of ALMPs and policy influence plan.
- Support to the conceptualization of the analytical approach
- Technical backstopping of local consultant firm leading the review
- Provided synthesis of international evidence on ALMPs
Strategy workshop to develop Theory of Change for Foundation
Conducted theory of change workshop to guide Foundation’s strategic planning and M&E.
- Workshop on theory of change and introduction to M&E
- Guidance to develop M&E plan for key programs
Enhancing Income Opportunities Project
Supported the Government in designing and implementing an income-generation program reaching over 3000 youth and women.
- Project design of community-based livelihood program targeting poor youth and women
- Development of M&E system and data collection instruments, including real-time data management system (cloud-based)
- Curriculum development for peer-to-peer entrepreneurship training
- Continuous technical assistance to implementing agency (ADDS)
Technical assistance on M&E design for youth employment program
Supported the International Trade Center in designing a Monitoring and Evaluation system (in line with DCED standard) for its trade accelerator program for young people.
- Support in developing a theory of change and results framework
- Development of performance indicators and monitoring matrix
- Development of data collection instruments (e.g. questionnaires)
Performance evaluation of ActionAid’s work on youth civic engagement
Team member of a review of ActionAid Denmark’s work on youth civic engagement in the context of the Danish Arab Partnership Program.
- Carried out assessment of ActionAid’s engagement in the MENA region (e.g. in terms of relevance, capacity building approach, performance, etc.)
Capacity building workshop on Monitoring and Evaluation
Conceptualized knowledge sharing and capacity building workshop for employment promotion and vocational training practitioners.
- Conceptualized agenda and pedagogy
- Developed session content
Emergency Employment Investment Project
Supported the Government in setting up a public-private partnership with NGOs for the implementation of youth employment projects, reaching 15,000 beneficiaries.
- Design of the “Improving youth employability” component, providing performance-based grants to NGOs to facilitate young people’s integration into wage- and self-employment
- Design of the component’s monitoring system
- Coordination of independent process and impact evaluation
- Continuous technical assistance to implementing agency (MSMEDA, formerly Social Fund for Development)
Evaluation of Souk-At-Tanmia Entrepreneurship Program
Led evaluation team to assess the first phase of the program and provided recommendations for subsequent cycles.
- Training of young local evaluators
- Designed and conducted in-depth beneficiary tracking survey
- Independent evaluation following the OECD DAC criteria
Microentrepreneurship for youth in the informal sector
Supported the Ministry of Youth and Sports in designing a youth entrepreneurship program and developing a national youth strategy.
- Supported the design of comprehensive entrepreneurship program offering pre- and post-creation support to 5000 disadvantaged youth
- Supported the development of the Integrated National Youth Strategy 2015-2030
Synthesis of M&E practices in the Arab world
Lead-authored report on lessons from the ILO’s Taqeem Community of Practice
- Drafting of M&E case studies on selected NGOs
- Synthesis report on lessons learnt and recommendations